- Pre-Election Letter to CUFA BC Members - May 10, 2013
- Professors Support NDP Proposal on Needs-Based Student Grants, but Say More Still Can Be Done - April 23, 2013
- CUFA BC Releases E-Book on Academic Governance - April 10, 2013
- UBC-O, UNBC and SFU Professors to be Honoured for Using Their Research in Service of the Community - April 3, 2013
Choosing Growth: Investing in BC's Post-Secondary Education System - October 21, 2005
- Published on Tuesday, 11 July 2006 12:37
- Written by Robert Clift
Choosing Growth: Investing in BC’s Post-Secondary Education System
A Submission to the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services
October 21, 2005
Supporting the Foundation of a Growing Economy
The questions asked of British Columbians by the Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services presume sustained economic growth of the type we have experienced over the last few years.
Although this growth may be sustainable in the short term, we don’t believe it is sustainable in the long term unless the government supports the foundation for that growth.
The foundation of an innovative and expanding economy is citizens who are creative thinkers and problem solvers, and who have had the opportunity to fully develop their skills and intellectual abilities.