- Pre-Election Letter to CUFA BC Members - May 10, 2013
- Professors Support NDP Proposal on Needs-Based Student Grants, but Say More Still Can Be Done - April 23, 2013
- CUFA BC Releases E-Book on Academic Governance - April 10, 2013
- UBC-O, UNBC and SFU Professors to be Honoured for Using Their Research in Service of the Community - April 3, 2013
CUFA BC Launches Member Survey - September 6, 2011
- Published on Tuesday, 06 September 2011 13:30
- Written by Robert Clift
CUFA BC Launches Member Survey
The provincial organization representing professors, librarians, instructors and other academic staff at BCâ€™s public research and doctoral universities today announced its first survey of faculty members. The Confederation of University Faculty Associations of BC (CUFA BC) survey asks faculty members for their opinions on provincial government higher education spending, their academic careers and their workloads.
â€œThe opinions of faculty members on higher education spending will assist us in our lobbying activities over the next year,â€ said Robert Clift, Executive Director of CUFA BC. â€œThe data on their workloads and their views on their careers and will assist with collective bargaining on campus, and with larger policy discussions with the provincial government.â€
The survey was given a limited launch on August 24th and is being fully launched this week. Faculty members at UBC, SFU, UVic, UNBC and Royal Roads University will receive e-mail from their local faculty associations with details on how to participate.